Friday 18 April 2014

Worst Trends of Spring and Summer 2014

A lot of the time, when I see what a season's "trends" are, I'm surprised at how much I hate them and can't believe that people would actually follow them. So because I'm bored and exams are over, I scoured the Internet for Spring and Summer 2014's worst trends and made fun of them so you don't have to. You're welcome.


The Kitten Heel

If you focus hard on them, you can almost feel yourself teleporting back to 1965.
Photo by glambistro.com

Apparently, this is becoming a thing again. When I'm looking for a pair of heels, or any summer shoe for that matter, I like to steer clear of the ones that look like a pair my grandmother would wear to a wedding. There are so many questions that go along with this type of footwear. Firstly, what are you? Are you casual, or formal? Where do I wear you? Church, or a party? If you ask me, the answers are neither, and nowhere. There is no need for this shoe. I just can't do it.

White on White


Hope you don't plan on sitting...or moving around...much today.
(Photo by Brian Ach/ Getty Images)

A entire white outfit could look amazing on some, but is potentially disastrous for a klutz such as myself. The last thing I need is a blood red tomato sauce stain on a white dress so it looks like I got shot. On second thought, I don't know what's worse, getting a stain, or it being so stark white someone could mistake me for a nurse. So while a look like this is nice in theory, you've got to try it at your own risk. 

Culottes


She's doing the white on white and the culottes, double the trendiness.
(Photo by: IMAXtree)

I'll be honest, I didn't even know what these were at first. But upon further investigation I know exactly what it is- something that will never be seen in my closet. These may be the least flattering bottoms I've ever been subjected to. For someone without modelesque long legs, these pants make me look way shorter than I am, which, at 5'4, I could really do without. Plus, I feel like a strong gust of wind could send a culotte-wearer into the sky. I mean, why all the extra material?

Metallic

(Photo by Patrick Kovarik/AFP/ Getty Images)

And by this I mean pants, tops and dresses that are completely shiny silver or gold. I love metallic accents but this is way too much. Even on the runway this looks tacky. If I wanted to look like a piece of tin foil, I could fashion a garment out of the contents of my mom's kitchen cabinets.

Wool Sweaters


(Photo by Arun Nevader/ Getty Images)
I love cozy sweaters for the fall and winter, but for spring and summer? Apparently, they're meant to be paired with a pair of shorts, which may be one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard. If it's hot enough outside to get away with shorts, a thick wool sweater is the last thing I'm going to be wearing with them. Sorry, deodorant companies, I know this would probably lead to a boom in your sales, but I hope this trend doesn't catch on. Mostly because every time I see a girl in a wool sweater in the dead of summer, I'll think about her discomfort and inevitable perspiration and that's not exactly what I want to have on my mind in the July heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment