Wednesday 28 May 2014

You Can Call Me Many Things, but a Gym Rat Isn't One of Them

Now that June only a few days away, and swimsuit season is coming up, I'm actually trying to get my work out on. Shocking, I know...

I've always been a poser, not so much a gym-er.

As a rule, I generally try to avoid the gym for a multitude of reasons. Number one, it seems like the major hangout of many people from my high school and general daily life. While I love catching up with people, doing so while I'm sweaty, red faced, and huffing is not my idea of an enjoyable conversation.

Secondly, I'm relatively new to the whole working out thing, which means that while I'm struggling to pull off a half hour of cardio on the elliptical, there are these old ladies beside me running as if there's a 75% off sale on Tupperware or throw pillows or something. That's an embarrassment I'd like to avoid.

Thirdly, the gym's air conditioning is currently broken. Listen, Gym, if I don't want to spend time with you when the temperature is adequately cool, there is no way I'm going to want to visit when it's like the fires of hell. Nuh-uh, no way, call me when you've decided to get your crap together.

Therefore, I've decided to let my good friend Youtube guide me in my workout endeavours. I've found a bunch of cool videos, and am ATTEMPTING to do Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred at home. God help me...

I'm a few days in, but I'll save a post about that for another day. (Pray for me.)

Your friend in work-out-struggle solidarity,

Christina

PS. Do I have any gym rats, or gym-avoiders, like myself, reading this?! Let me know your opinion in the comments or the message box on the right, I'd love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment